Remove excess dirt with a stiff brush or damp cloth. Rub surface with SADDLE SOAP and a moist cloth to develop lather. Rub well into the leather and wipe off excess with a damp cloth. Repeat procedure if necessary. When leather is dry, buff with a soft cloth to develop luster.
Make sure article is clean and dry before applying. Work a thin coat of MINK OIL into leather and seams with a cloth or dauber. Wipe off excess immediately and allow to dry for several hours. NOTE: Mink oil should not be used on suede (all Altama Desert Boots).
Please click on the my account link in the top browser to login to your account. Once you sign into your account, you can check your order status and your order history.
If you purchased your boots direct from altama.com, please follow the below instructions. If you did not order direct from us, you will have to contact the company you purchased your boots through. Altama.com does not process returns for orders purchased through other companies.
If you do not already have a Return Authorization number, please fill out the RA request form. If you have already received a RA number, please mail your boots with your return paperwork filled out to our TN location.
Please use our Request Return Authorization link to fill out a form including your order number, name, email and shipping address. You will receive your RA # within 24 business hours.
ALTAMA ships via our website to the US Territories of Guam and Puerto Rico; and also to Canada. We are unable to ship individual orders to any other countries at this time.
ALTAMA ships to retailers all over the world. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like the name of a retailer near you.
If you are a retailer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your store info and location so that one of our sales representatives can contact you.
Please visit our shipping and delivery page for more information.
Orders shipped to APO and FPO addresses are sent via the United States Postal Service Priority Mail. The delivery time for these packages is usually 14 business days. However, the exact date of delivery varies according to the location.
USPS shipping charges for one pair of boots is $23.95, for 2 pairs of boots it is $38.95 and for 3 pairs of boots it is $42.95. This charge covers the costs to expedite the boots through Priority Mail, and insure the boots in the event that they are lost. If you are shipping more than 3 pairs to an APO address, please email email@example.com for a shipping quote.
When ordering via our website, please be sure to list APO/FPO as the city and AE/FP/AP as the state.
We are happy to provide you with some replacement boot laces. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the style and size of your boots and an address where we can send your replacement laces.
At this time, we are not offering any discounts.
If you are a retailer, please email email@example.com with your store info and location so that one of our sales representatives can contact you about possible discounts.
At this time, we cannot accept any custom boot orders. All of our available products are listed online. Please note that we do not manufacture additional sizes that are not listed on the website. Also, unfortunately, our warehouse no longer stocks extra wide widths.
ALTAMA accepts the following credit cards online: American Express, VISA, MasterCard and Discover. If you do not wish to place your order over the Internet, ALTAMA makes it easy to order by mail. You can pay by either money order or sending in your credit card information. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. Please visit our order info page for more information.
It is difficult for us to accurately determine your boot size since everyone’s foot is a little different. This is a personal preference based on the comfort of your feet in the boots. We usually recommend trying at least a ½ size smaller than the size that you wear in running shoes for our military boots. For our tactical lines, we recommend purchasing the same size as your running shoes. Please note that we do have a 30 day size and comfort guarantee on all unworn footwear purchased online at www.altama.com.
Listed below are many ways to care for your boots.
- Clean: Remove excess dirt with a stiff brush or damp cloth. Rub surface with SADDLE SOAP and a moist cloth to develop lather. Rub well into the leather and wipe off excess with a damp cloth. Repeat procedure if necessary. When leather is dry, buff with a soft cloth to develop luster.
- Condition: Make sure article is clean and dry before applying. Work a thin coat of MINK OIL into leather and seams with a cloth or dauber. Wipe off excess immediately and allow to dry for several hours. NOTE: Mink oil should not be used on suede (all Altama Desert Boots).
- Restore: Remove all polish with a cloth dipped in household cleaning solvent (I suggest detergent vs. solvent…some people may interpret solvent as mineral spirits, etc.). Shake well. Apply a LEATHER DYE in circular strokes until leather is covered.
- Polish (Full-grain boots only – not suede):
- If possible, clean with saddle soap to remove previous polishes and dirt. This sets up the leather for a new coat of polish and will promote leather softening and the best results for shine. NOTE: Do not use saddle soap on suede (desert boots).
- Apply polish with a cloth or dauber. Allow to dry. Buff to gloss. For extra high shine, apply another light coat, sprinkle with water and buff with a soft cloth.
- HONOR GUARD INSTANT SPIT SHINE – Shake well with cap on. Shoes must be clean and dry. Invert bottle; gently press applicator against shoe to release product. Spread polish evenly. Dries to a shine.
- PARADE GLOSS – Apply polish with cloth or dauber. Let dry 1-2 minutes. Brush to bright lasting shine. For heightened gloss, apply another light coat, sprinkle with water and buff with soft cloth.
- Weatherproof: Articles should be clean and thoroughly dry before treating. Remove dust and dirt by brushing. Spot test light-covered leather and canvas for color change as silicones may impart a slightly darker, richer tone. Hold can upright 7-10" away. Spray entire surface evenly. Do not saturate. Treat 2-3 times for maximum protection, including leather soles. Allow 4 hours between applications and allow articles to dry completely before using.
Please use our Dealer Information page to fill out a form including your zip code and country. A customer service representative will reply to your email with the closest dealers in your area within 24 business hours.
If you interested in becoming an authorized dealer, please use our Dealer Information page to fill out a form or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your store info and location so that one of our sales representatives can contact you.
Applications are being accepted at the factory location or the Lexington, TN Career Center.
Altama Footwear (factory address)
340 Natchez Trace Dr
Lexington TN 38351
For those who are not from the surrounding area can send it to:
email@example.com or fax to 731-967-9200
Orders placed Monday-Friday before 3:30pm EST will be processed and shipped out the next business day, pending stock availability. Orders placed after 3:30pm EST on Friday and over the weekend will be processed on Monday and shipped out on Tuesday. Holidays will cause delays in the process of the orders.