Remove excess dirt with a stiff brush or damp cloth. Rub surface with SADDLE SOAP and a moist cloth to develop lather. Rub well into the leather and wipe off excess with a damp cloth. Repeat procedure if necessary. When leather is dry, buff with a soft cloth to develop luster.
Make sure article is clean and dry before applying. Work a thin coat of MINK OIL into leather and seams with a cloth or dauber. Wipe off excess immediately and allow to dry for several hours. NOTE: Mink oil should not be used on suede (all Altama Desert Boots).
Please click on the my account link in the top browser to login to your account. Once you sign into your account, you can check your order status and your order history.
If you purchased your boots direct from altama.com, please follow the below instructions. If you did not order direct from us, you will have to contact the company you purchased your boots through. Altama.com does not process returns for orders purchased through other companies.
If you do not already have a Return Authorization number, please fill out the RA request form. If you have already received a RA number, please mail your boots with your return paperwork filled out to our headquarters found on our Contact Us page.
Please call our customer service department at 1-209-234-4200 to request a Return Authorization (RA) number. Our hours are 7:30am to 10:30pm, Monday through Friday. You may also use the form on the Contact Us page to send us a message.
ALTAMA ships via our website to the US Territories of Guam and Puerto Rico; and also to Canada. We are unable to ship individual orders to any other countries at this time.
ALTAMA ships to retailers all over the world. Please contact us if you would like the name of a retailer near you.
If you are a retailer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your store info and location so that one of our sales representatives can contact you.
Please visit our shipping and delivery page for more information.
Orders shipped to APO and FPO addresses are sent via the United States Postal Service Priority Mail. The delivery time for these packages is usually 14 business days. However, the exact date of delivery varies according to the location.
USPS shipping charges fluctuate often, so please contact us for a shipping quote.
We are happy to provide you with some replacement boot laces. Please send a message to us with the following information: the style and size of your boots and an address where we can send your replacement laces.
At this time, we are not offering any discounts.
At this time, we cannot accept any custom boot orders. All of our available products are listed online. Please note that we do not manufacture additional sizes that are not listed on the website. Also, unfortunately, our warehouse no longer stocks extra wide widths.
At this time, our products are not available to order via this website.
It is difficult for us to accurately determine your boot size since everyone’s foot is a little different. This is a personal preference based on the comfort of your feet in the boots. We usually recommend trying at least a ½ size smaller than the size that you wear in running shoes for our military boots. For our tactical lines, we recommend purchasing the same size as your running shoes. Please note that we do have a 30 day size and comfort guarantee on all unworn footwear purchased online at www.altama.com.
Listed below are many ways to care for your boots.
- Clean: Remove excess dirt with a stiff brush or damp cloth. Rub surface with SADDLE SOAP and a moist cloth to develop lather. Rub well into the leather and wipe off excess with a damp cloth. Repeat procedure if necessary. When leather is dry, buff with a soft cloth to develop luster.
- Condition: Make sure article is clean and dry before applying. Work a thin coat of MINK OIL into leather and seams with a cloth or dauber. Wipe off excess immediately and allow to dry for several hours. NOTE: Mink oil should not be used on suede (all Altama Desert Boots).
- Restore: Remove all polish with a cloth dipped in household cleaning solvent (I suggest detergent vs. solvent…some people may interpret solvent as mineral spirits, etc.). Shake well. Apply a LEATHER DYE in circular strokes until leather is covered.
- Polish (Full-grain boots only – not suede):
- If possible, clean with saddle soap to remove previous polishes and dirt. This sets up the leather for a new coat of polish and will promote leather softening and the best results for shine. NOTE: Do not use saddle soap on suede (desert boots).
- Apply polish with a cloth or dauber. Allow to dry. Buff to gloss. For extra high shine, apply another light coat, sprinkle with water and buff with a soft cloth.
- HONOR GUARD INSTANT SPIT SHINE – Shake well with cap on. Shoes must be clean and dry. Invert bottle; gently press applicator against shoe to release product. Spread polish evenly. Dries to a shine.
- PARADE GLOSS – Apply polish with cloth or dauber. Let dry 1-2 minutes. Brush to bright lasting shine. For heightened gloss, apply another light coat, sprinkle with water and buff with soft cloth.
- Weatherproof: Articles should be clean and thoroughly dry before treating. Remove dust and dirt by brushing. Spot test light-covered leather and canvas for color change as silicones may impart a slightly darker, richer tone. Hold can upright 7-10" away. Spray entire surface evenly. Do not saturate. Treat 2-3 times for maximum protection, including leather soles. Allow 4 hours between applications and allow articles to dry completely before using.
Please use our Dealer Information page to fill out a form including your zip code and country. A customer service representative will reply to your email with the closest dealers in your area within 24 business hours.
If you interested in becoming an authorized dealer, please use our Dealer Information page to fill out a form with your store info and location so that one of our sales representatives can contact you.